Premier League betting is one of the most popular forms of soccer betting in the world. One can confidently say that the Premier League, also known as the English Premier League (EPL), is the most watched league worldwide. Betting action on who will lift the Premier League trophy is hot even before the EPL officially starts in the form of the EPL future market league.
The English Premier League season starts in August and runs until May. Here, 20 of England’s top professional football clubs play 38 matches, playing each team home and away. This means that current English Premier League standings and EPL odds can change drastically depending on how the teams are playing.
The league was founded on February 20, 1992 under the name of the FA Premier League. It was made up of 22 football clubs that had broken away from the Football League. The format has remained the same and EPL winner odds in Premier League betting have is dominated by these clubs:
- Manchester United (13 wins);
- Chelsea FC (five wins);
- Manchester City (four wins);
- Arsenal (three wins)
- Leicester City (one win).
Best Sportsbooks with USA EPL Odds
Want to find the best US online sportsbooks for Premier League betting? Check out our recommended betting sites for the best and most competitive EPL odds. Additionally, when it’s English Premier League season, most of these sites have Premier League special bets just for you.
What you’ll find in this Premier League betting guide:
- How to Bet on who will Win the Premier League
- Top Premier League Betting Lines
- EPL Odds for 2019
- English Premier League Standings
- Premier League Betting Tips
Premier League betting isn’t that complicated, especially if you use our step-by-step guide to finding EPL betting lines. Any top-rated sportsbook will have EPL betting on odds to win Premier League 2019. For US bettors, this is how you bet on who will win the Premier League.
1. Sign Up to a US-Friendly Sports Betting Site
The first step is to find a reputable online sportsbook that accepts players from the United States. If you’re not sure where you can find these, check out our table above. Our recommended sites have been thoroughly vetted by us and are licensed with legitimate gambling commissions.
- Create an account and submit the required documents to authenticate your account, if needs be.
- Deposit the minimum amount of USD into the account. The minimum amount varies between betting sites.
2. Pick an EPL Match
Navigate to the English Premier League betting tab to see the EPL betting market, fixtures, and Premier League betting odds. Select the match that you want to place a bet on.
3. Choose the Premier League Betting Type
Now, with Premier League betting, there are a variety of bets that you can place. US bettors can go for:
- A single bet, which is a straight wager on an event.
- Furthermore, bets can be grouped is multiples as an accumulator bet. However, these are difficult to win because all the English Premier League betting predictions in the accumulator need to be correct.
- You can also choose the live betting option, which allows you to bet on the EPL match as it’s being played.
Once you’ve picked your bet type, add the amount of US dollars you want to wager. Click on submit to confirm your bet. Then, watch the match and hopefully your side wins.
The EPL betting market has a few options for the discerning US bettor. Let’s take a look at the different top Premier League betting lines you can wager on.
- Over/Under (Totals): this is when you bet on whether the total score at the end of the match will be higher (over) or lower (under) than the one set by the sportsbook.
- Both Teams to Score and Win to Nil: both teams to score (or BTTS) is a popular EPL betting line for those who like accumulators. Some sports betting websites even offer ready-made accumulators which come with a money-back guarantee.
- Halftime and Full Time Results: here you’re betting on what the score will be at halftime and full time. Since soccer tends to be a low scoring sport, getting this bet right is much harder than it appears.
- First, Last, and Anytime Scorer: bettors can pick either the team or player that will score first, last, or at any time during the match.
- Goal Times: finally, there’s the goal times betting line. This basically looks at when a goal will be scored during the halves, thirds, sixths, and ninths timeframes.
These are the most current EPL odds at the time of writing. Odds are subject to vary and change depending on the sportsbook.
|Club||Odds (from Bet America)|
|West Ham United||+75,000|
Check out our soccer betting guides on other leagues and tournaments:
Here are the current English Premier League standings for the 2019/20 season. As the season progresses, the standings change.
|Club||Matches Played||Won||Draw||Lost||Total Points|
|West Ham United||2||0||1||1||1|
Finding the right Premier League betting strategy is rather difficult. There’s a large pool of games and nearly every avid bettor around the world is betting on the EPL. So, you’re likely to find a ton of EPL betting tips and tricks along the way from tipsters claiming to know what’s what. Don’t follow them blindly. Instead, use these tips to help you think more strategically about EPL betting.
- Pay attention to the team schedule: teams that are playing matches in quick succession are more than likely to lose here and there. This is because fatigue is real and affects a club’s performance, especially in an away game against a top contender.
- Home advantage is a real thing: the fact that a team is playing on their home ground should be a factor that you take into consideration when betting on the EPL. Stats do show that teams playing at home are more likely to win. However, this factor must be coupled with other factors, including our last tip.
- It’s important to consider context: now what we mean by context is that you should look at what’s going on with the team before the match. Clubs will create line-ups that suit different situations – cup matches vs. league matches. Also, how are the individual players doing? Are there any injuries or troubles in the club?